Support Type: Work Attachment, Career Conversion, Upskilling
Career Conversion Programmes (CCPs) are for mid-career individuals to undergo skills conversion and move into new occupations or sectors that have good prospects and opportunities for progression.
WSG offers about 100 CCPs to support mid-career individuals in career conversion. Through CCPs’ industry-recognised training, companies will gain a wider pool of candidates to consider when hiring.
There are 3 modes of CCPs: 1. Place-and-Train: Mid-career individual is hired by a participating employer before undergoing training to take on a new job role. 2. Attach-and-Train: Mid-career individual is provided with training and work attachments, prior to job placement, through industry partners in growth sectors with good future job opportunities 3. Redeployment / Job Redesign (JR) Reskilling: Targeted at companies that are undergoing business transformation, and where their existing workers are at risk of redundancy or in vulnerable jobs due to the transformation. These workers will be provided with training to take on new job roles or redesigned job roles within the same company.
- Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Minimum 21 years old
- Graduated or completed National Service for at least 2 years
- New job role trained for under the CCP should be substantially different from previous job role(s)*, hence requiring reskilling for career conversion
- Able to commit to full-time employment or attachment in a participating company
* CCPs are geared towards helping mid-career individuals acquire skills to change careers. Hence, there is a requirement for career conversion when mid-career individuals undergo a CCP. However, individuals who have a continuous employment gap of at least 2 years prior to CCP commencement will be allowed to apply for CCP job roles similar to their previous jobs.